The Commission has published the SSC GD Constable Notification 2023 in order to fill 45284 constable positions for both men and women. According to the commission’s notification, the SSC GD CBE exam will be held from January 10 to February 14, 2023. The Staff Selection Commission has released the exam calendar 2023. Aspirants can go through the detailed SSC Calendar 2023 released on the official website.
The SSC GD exam is the General Duty Constable examination conducted annually by the Staff Selection commission for the recruitment of eligible personnel in various Government departments and Ministries of the country.
The last conducted exam was SSC GD 2023. Detailed information can be checked on the SSC GD notification page.
The detailed SSC GD 2023 notice and vacancies regarding the same will be given in the PDF. For reference candidates can check the notification from the previous recruitment cycle.
For detailed information on other SSC Exams conducted by the commission, check the linked page.
Table of Contents:
- SSC GD Recruitment
- SSC GD Exam Dates
- SSC GD Notification
- SSC GD Vacancy
- SSC GD Apply Online & Application Fee
- SSC GD Exam Pattern
- SSC GD Syllabus
- SSC GD Eligibility Criteria
- SSC GD Admit Card
- SSC GD Result
SSC General Duty Constable Exam
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) administers the SSC GD exam every calendar year to recruit eligible candidates for the posts of Constable (General Duty) in-
- Border Security Force (BSF),
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF),
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP),
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB),
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF),
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF),
- National Investigation Agency (NIA), and
- Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles.
The SSC GD full form is Staff Selection Commission, General Duty. The recruitment scheme is developed by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) as per the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between SSC and the Ministry of Home Affairs.
SSC GD Exam Recruitment
Every year the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) offers a golden opportunity to millions of aspirants across India by conducting an SSC GD recruitment drive for hiring new entrants for the posts of Constables (General Duty) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles (AR) from various States/ Union Territories across India.
The recruitment process for the SSC GD Constable exam consists of Computer-Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST) and Detailed Medical Examination (DME). To know more about the recruitment process of other SSC Exams, visit our SSC Recruitment page.
Candidates who are interested to apply for the SSC Constable (GD) exam 2023 are required to visit the SSC official website of SSC (ssc.nic.in) for online registration of the competitive exam. Or, candidates should ‘click here to apply’ link provided at (www.ssc.nic.in>Apply>GD-Constable).
The entire procedure for online submission of applications is updated in the Annexure-III section of the SSC GD Notification.
The SSC GD salary for this post is Rs. 21700- 69100/-. You can download the official SSC GD Notification for easy reference. Candidates can go through the detailed SSC GD Salary Structure on the linked page.
An independent body, NRA, has been approved by the Union Cabinet to conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET) for recruitment of candidates to various Non-Technical and Non-Gazetted (Group B & C) posts under IBPS, RRB and SSC. Aspirants for Government exams can check the National Recruitment Agency page for more details.
SSC GD Constable Exam Notification
The SSC GD notification 2023 is not yet released and will be announced soon. In order to fill 24369 General Duty Constable positions for the fiscal year 2022, the Staff Selection Commission conducted a recruitment drive. Online registration for the same began on 27th October 2022. Candidates can bookmark this article in order to stay updated about the latest information regarding the SSC Constable (GD) Exam.
Check the information related to the latest recruitment of the SSC GD exam i.e SSC GD 2023. To get more information about other SSC Exams, visit the SSC Notification page.
The SSC GD 2023 Exam was conducted from January 10, 2023 to February 14, 2023. It is be a Computer-Based Examination (CBE) which is be followed by a Test (PET), Physical Standards Test (PST), and Medical Test. SSC GD 2022-23 admit cards were released region-wise by the commission. Candidates can access and download information from the regional official website. SSC GD 2022 notification was released on October 27, 2022, and the last date to apply online was November 30, 2022. A direct link to download the SSC GD 2023 admit cards region-wise is also provided in the linked article.
SSC GD Constable Exam Dates
SSC GD Constable 2022 Exam Dates
The official SSC GD 2022 Notification was released on 27th October 2022. Here’s a table comprising SSC GD Exam 2022 details and important dates (tentative).
|SSC GD Exam 2022 – Recruitment Details
|Important Dates [Tentative]
|SSC GD 2022 Notification/Advertisement Date
|27th October 2022
|Online Application Submission Starts on
|27th October 2022
|Closing Date for Online Application Submission
|30th October 2022
|Number of Vacancies
|SSC GD 2022 Paper I Admit Card
|3rd January 2023
|SSC GD 2022 CBE
|10th to 14th January 2023
|SSC GD 2022 CBE Result
|To be released
|SSC GD 2022 PET/PST Test
|To be notified
SSC GD Constable Exam Dates 2021
The official SSC GD 2021 Notification released on July 17th 2021 was originally scheduled to be out on March 25th 2021. Finally, the notification was released and the last date to fill the application was August 31st 2021. Here’s a table comprising SSC GD Exam 2021 details and important dates (tentative).
|SSC GD Exam 2021
|Name of Recruitment Exam
|SSC GD Constable Exam 2021
|Staff Selection Commission
|SSC GD Notification 2021
|March 25th 2021 (Postponed)
July 17th 2021 (released)
|SSC GD Vacancy
|Start Date for Receipt of Online Application
|July 17th 2021
|Last Date of Receipt of Application
|August 31st 2021
|SSC GD Admit Card on the official website (ssc.nic.in)
|11th November 2021 onwards;
Till 15th December 2021
|SSC GD Exam Date
|16th November 2021 to 15th December 2021
|SSC GD Result 2021 for CBT
|25th March 2022
|SSC GD PET / PST exam 2021
|18th March to 9th June 2022
|SSC GD PET PST Result
|12th August 2022
|SSC GD DME (Detailed Medical Exam)
|To be notified
|SSC GD Exam 2021 Final Result
|To be notified
Further details can be checked on the SSC GD Exam Date page linked here.
The Final result for the previous recruitment i.e. SSC GD Exam 2018 was announced on January 21st 2021. Interested candidates can check the SSC GD Result page for detailed information.
SSC GD Vacancy
SSC GD Vacancy 2022 [Revised]:
Along with the announcement of the exam, the total number of vacancies for the SSC GD Constable 2022 exam were also made public. For the position of constable, the SSC has published 45284 vacancies, of which 4835 are for women and 40274 are for men. Let’s look at the SSC GD Jobs available:
|SSC GD Constable Vacancy 2022
|Vacancies for Male Candidates
|Vacancies for Female Candidates
|Vacancies for NCB Force
SSC GD Constable Vacancy for NCB:
There are 164 SSC GD Constable openings for NCB, and they are divided into the following categories:
|SSC GD Constable Vacancies
SSC GD Constable Vacancy for Female Candidates:
A total of 24369 positions are up for grabs, but only 2626 General Duty Female Constable positions have been made public for the SSC GD 2022 recruiting process. The SSC GD Female Constable detailed vacancy distribution is shown below:
|SSC GD Constable Female Vacancies
SSC GD Constable Vacancy for Male Candidates:
For the SSC GD 2022 recruitment of General Duty Male Constables, a total of 21579 vacancies have been released. The detailed SSC GD Male Constable vacancy distribution is seen below.
|SSC GD Constable Male Vacancies
SSC GD 2021: SSC has announced the tentative vacancy for SSC GD Constable 2021 exam. As per the notification 25271 vacancies are released for the General Duty Constable exam. Given below is the total number of vacancies released for male and female candidates –
|SSC GD Constable 2021 Vacancy
|Male (all categories and posts)
|Female (all categories and posts)
SSC GD 2018 Exam Vacancy
The SSC announced a total number of 54,953 tentative vacancies for the SSC GD post through the initial official notification.
Interested candidates can go through the detailed vacancy for the SSC Constable exam 2021 and 2018 on the notification page.
SSC GD Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are willing to appear for the SSC Constable (GD) exam 2022 are required to check the SSC GD eligibility criteria prior to filling up the Application Form. There are certain SSC GD requirements that a candidate has to fulfil before applying for SSC GD Post.
The Key SSC GD Eligibility Criteria that candidates must adhere to are as follows:
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates must hold the essential educational qualification as on 1st August 2022 i.e, Matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized Board/ University before applying for the GD post.
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen. For migrated candidates, they must submit domicile/ PRC against his/ her state/ UT.
- Age Limit: The candidates for SSC GD exam 2022 should fulfil the age requirement of 18-23 years as on 1st August 2022, which implies that they should not have been born earlier than 2nd August 1998 and later than 1st August 2003.
- Age Relaxation: There is an age relaxation in the upper age limit for SC, ST, OBC, Ex-Servicemen and other categories of persons based on the Government’s orders.
The age relaxation codes for the different categories of candidates are listed below:
|SSC GD Age Relaxation
|Permissible Age Relaxation
|3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.
|Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved)
|Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)
|Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ ST)
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989.
SSC GD Apply Online
The SSC GD 2023 online apply procedure will commence with the release of 2023 exam notification. The online application procedure is given in detail on the notification PDF. The SSC GD 2022 exam online application process began on October 27th, 2022, and the deadline to apply for the SSC GD constables recruitment 2022 is November 30th, 2022.
Candidates willing to take the SSC GD exam are required to apply for SSC GD online from the SSC official website (ssconline.nic.in) or ‘Click here to apply’ link provided at ssc.nic.in>Apply>GD-Constable.
It is imperative for candidates to read the instructions thoroughly before proceeding with the SSC GD online one time ‘Registration Form’/ Application Form.
Applicants should provide all the requisite details while filling up the SSC GD Online Application Form. The Registration ID and password will be provided once the SSC GD Online Form is submitted. This would be the permanent Registration ID and Password which is required to apply for this exam.
SSC GD Application Fee
The application fee details for SSC GD Exam are given below:
|SSC GD Exam Application Fee Details
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe
Further information on the SSC GD Online Application process is given in detail in the linked page.
Candidates willing to apply for SSC GD Constable 2023 exam must check the following links for preparation.
- SSC GD Mock Tests
- Static GK
- Daily Current Affairs
- SSC General Awareness
- English For Competitive Exams
- Free Online Quiz for Government exams
The SSC GD Exam pattern is decided by the commission itself. Candidates willing to appear for SSC GD 2023 must be thorough with the exam pattern of SSC GD Constable exam. SSC follows a fixed pattern for SSC GD exam and mentions it in detail in the official notification. Any changes in the exam pattern of SSC GD 2023 will also be notified by the commission.
The exam pattern of SSC GD is divided into four stages:
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
Given below is a detailed look into each of these stages:
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE): This is an online test that consists of objective-type questions and multiple-choice questions which has four sections:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Knowledge and General Awareness
- Elementary Mathematics
- English/ Hindi
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): This test assesses the candidate’s physical fitness on the basis of height parameters and he/ she needs to undergo PET (race) which is followed by a biometric/ technology-aided identification test.
- Physical Standard Test (PST): This test evaluates the physical standards of the candidates on the basis of three factors – height, chest and weight.
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME): Shortlisted candidates who pass the PET and PST are required to go through a detailed medical examination and are medically examined by the Medical Boards constituted by the CAPFs to assess their physical and medical fitness.
SSC GD Syllabus
The syllabus of SSC General Duty Constable exam majorly remains the same every year and the commission mentions the detailed syllabus on the notification of GD exam.
The SSC GD syllabus 2023 comprises a Computer-Based Examination (CBE) which includes an objective-type paper of 100 marks, which needs to be answered in a duration of 90 minutes.
The SSC GD Syllabus is given below:
|SSC GD 2023 Syllabus
|Total No. of Questions
|General Intelligence and Reasoning
|General Knowledge and General Awareness
Given below are the topics under each section:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It mainly consists of basic topics like arithmetical reasoning, problem-solving, number series, analogies, coding-decoding and figures classification, etc.
- General Awareness: Under this section, the topics consist of Scientific Research, Geography, General Polity, Culture, History, etc. Candidates can check various Static GK topics for their preparation.
- Elementary Mathematics: In this section, it includes topics like averages, decimals and fractions, mensuration, ratio and proportion, time and distance, etc.
- English/Hindi: This includes specific topics pertaining to a language and tests the grammatical and comprehension skills of the candidates.
Aspirants of SSC GD should check the following pages for comprehensive preparation:
SSC GD Exam Syllabus :-
Also, check SSC Syllabus for a detailed syllabus of all examinations.
SSC GD Preparation
SSC GD Constable exam 2023 is one of the most sought-after exams for aspirants whose dream is to get recruited into the various organizations, Ministries, departments under the Government of India.
The SSC GD Preparation online in a proper way is very crucial as there are a lot of concepts across core subjects like General Intelligence & reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge, English language. Check out important SSC GD Books for reference.
Candidates aspiring to appear for SSC GD 2023 exam must go through the following simple yet effective tips for SSC GD exam preparation:
- By heart the SSC GD Syllabus. It is important to have a clear idea about the syllabus and the exam pattern before starting the preparation
- Prepare a proper study plan and collect the best study materials for GD exam preparation. A systematic study plan will ensure that equal time is spent on the preparation of each topic. The syllabus for all SSC exams are almost similar, so you can pick some helpful study material from the SSC preparation page.
- Refer to the previous year question papers and apprehend the type of questions asked in the exam. It will also help in understanding the standard and difficulty level of the exam.
- Similarly, solving Free online mock tests will also be very helpful. Practising mock tests regularly will enable aspirants to attempt more questions in the exam with more confidence.
- If not sure of being able to prepare for the SSC GD exam all by yourself, look for some help such as coaching centres, online portals, etc.
- Candidates who are willing to prepare for the SSC GD 2023 exam, can check the Tips to prepare for SSC exams without Coaching at the linked article.
Also, check how to start SSC Exam Preparation?
SSC GD Admit Card
Applicants who take the SSC GD exam need to download the SSC GD Admit Card from the SSC official website (ssc.nic.in) after satisfying all the SSC GD requirements in terms of eligibility.
While downloading the Call Letter, they need to check the website and click on the SSC GD Admit Card link and enter the relevant credentials such as Registration Number and Date of Birth (DoB). It is recommended for applicants to retain a copy of the document which they should carry to the exam centre without fail, along with a Passport-size photo affixed on it on the exam day.
To know more about the admit cards of other SSC Exams, visit the SSC Admit Card page
SSC GD Result
Generally, the Staff Selection Commission announces the SSC GD Exam result on the SSC official website (ssc.nic.in) which is declared once the exam is over. Details regarding SSC GD Constable 2023 Exam result will be updated once the exam is conducted.
The SSC GD 2021 Exam Results were announced on 07th November 2022. The SSC GD Final Result 2022 has been published on the official website of SSC @ssc.nic.in declaring that 25271 candidates (male – 22424, female – 2847) have been considered for allocation to the forces. The SSC declared SSC GD Constable Result 2018 for CBE on 20th June 2019. More than 5 Lakh candidates were shortlisted for PST/PET Round out of which 4,65,632 are male candidates and 68,420 are female candidates. Candidates can check the detailed information on SSC GD Result on the linked page.
For details on the result of other exams by the commission, check SSC Results page.
SSC GD Cut Off
SSC GD Cut Off marks are fixed by the commission based on some factors and candidates are required to score equal to or above the fixed SSC GD Cut Off marks.
SSC GD 2021 Cut off was released for Men and Women separately on 8th November 2022. As SSC GD 2023 is yet to be conducted candidates for reference can check the expected cut off, year-wise and category-wise cut off marks for SSC GD Constable exam on the cut off link provided above.
Important points for GD Exam Cut Off
- Candidates are usually shortlisted in an approximate ratio of 1:10 (vacancy: candidates) for PET/ PST.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates securing less than 33% marks and Ex-Servicemen and General candidates securing less than 35% marks are considered eligible for short-listing to the PET/ PST.
- Candidates are shortlisted for PET/PST based on normalised marks scored by candidates in CBE.
- Similarly, the Final merit list and candidate selection is also be made on the basis of normalized marks.
Also, check SSC Cut Off to know the cut off trends of various SSC exams.
Have you been wondering how to start your SSC Constable Exam preparation effectively? Check out BYJU’S study materials, which are comprehensive and well-structured in nature and designed according to the latest exam pattern set by SSC. Keep an eye on this space for more such useful content on SSC exams and Government exams.
Candidates aspiring to appear for IAS Exam can check the linked page for relevant information.
Frequently Asked Question – SSC GD Constable Exam 2023
Q.1. What is the minimum qualification that a candidate must have before applying for SSC GD 2023 exam?
Q.2. What is the pay scale offered to candidates who clear the SSC GD exam 2023?
Q.3. When did the commission conducted the Medical Exam of SSC GD 2022?
Q.4. What are the total SSC GD 2022 vacancies?
Q.5. Is there a negative marking for wrong attempts in SSC GD Constable exam 2023?
Q 6. What is the Cut-off for SSC GD 2022 exam?
Ans. SSC GD Cut Off is released along with the result announcement. The final SSC GD Cut off is yet to be released. The SSC GD Cut Off for Constable 2021 examination is as mentioned below:
- Schedule Tribe – 78.16 Marks.
- Schedule Caste – 78.49 Marks.
- OBC – 84.46 Marks
- General – 85.26- Marks.