MHT CET Syllabus

MHT-CET 2023 syllabus includes both Class 11 and Class 12 topics of the Maharashtra State Board. The subjects for which the MHT- CET syllabus has to be referred are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. The candidates should check the syllabus for MHT-CET before they start with the preparation for the examination.

Qualifying in MHT-CET makes the candidate eligible for professional courses like B.Tech/B.E, B.Pharm and Pharm D in the state of Maharashtra. From 2016, the merit list was prepared giving 50% weightage to Class 12 marks and 50% weightage to MHT-CET score.

MHT- CET Syllabus

The MHT-CET syllabus includes all the topics from Class 12 of Maharashtra State Board and a few topics from Class 11 syllabus. There is 20% weightage given to Class 11 topics while preparing the question paper and the remaining 80% weightage is given to Class 12 topics.

Class 11 Topics

Subject Topics
Mathematics Trigonometric II, Straight line, Circle, Measure of Dispersion, Complex numbers, Sets, Permutation and Combination, Probability, Functions, Limits and Continuity.
Physics Motion in a Plane, Laws of Motion, Gravitation, Thermal Properties of matter, Sound, optics, Electrostatics, Semiconductors.
Chemistry Some basic concepts of Chemistry, Structure of atom, chemical bonding, Redox reactions, Elements of group 1 and 2, States of Matter(gases and liquids), Adsorption and colloids (surface Chemistry), Hydrocarbons, Basic principles of organic chemistry.
Biology  Biomolecules, Respiration and Energy Transfer, Human Nutrition, Excretion and Osmoregulation.

Class 12 Topics

Subject Topics
  • Pair of straight lines
  • Trigonometric functions
  • Mathematical Logic
  • Matrices
  • Differentiation
  • Circle, Conics and Vectors
  • Line, Plane
  • Linear programming problems
  • Three-dimensional geometry
  • Differential equation
  • Application of derivative
  • Continuity
  • Applications of definite integral
  • Integration
  • Statistics
  • Probability distribution
  • Bernoulli trials
  • Binomial distribution
  • Oscillations
  • Circular motion
  • Rotational motion
  • Gravitation
  • Wave motion
  • Elasticity
  • Kinetic theory
  • Surface tension
  • Electrostatics
  • Electrons and Photons
  • Stationary waves
  • Wave theory
  • Current electricity
  • Semiconductors
  • Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei
  • Communication systems.
  • Magnetism
  • Electromagnetic inductions
  • Interference and diffraction
  • Magnetic effects of electric current
  • Chemistry in everyday life
  • General Principles and processes of isolation of elements
  • Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Coordination compounds
  • Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
  • Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
  • Chemical Thermodynamics
  • p-Block elements, d and f Block elements
  • Halogen derivatives of alkanes (and arenes)
  • Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers
  • Solid State, Solutions and colligative properties
Biology (Botany) 
  • The genetic basis of inheritance
  • Gene: Nature, Expression and Regulation
  • Photosynthesis, Respiration, Reproduction in plants
  • Organisms and Environment -I
  • Biotechnology: Process and Application
  • Enhancement in food production
  • Microbes in human welfare
Biology (Zoology) 
  • Origin and the evolution of Life
  • Human health and diseases
  • Animal husbandry, circulation, excretion and osmoregulation
  • Chromosomal basis of inheritance
  • Genetic engineering and genomics
  • Human reproduction
  • Organisms and environment-II

Important Note: Whole syllabus of class 12 of Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology will be covered excluding portion which is removed by Maharashtra Rajya Pathya Pustak Nirmiti and Abhyaskram Sanshodhan Mandal for H.S.C. exam due to Covid 19 pandemic.

Reference Books for MHT CET

  • MHT CET Physics (Marvel) by AJ Bapat
  • Concepts of Physics Vol. 1 and Vol.2 by H.C.Verma
  • Chemistry for MHT CET (MCQ) by Mayur Mehta and Chitra Joshi (Marvel Publication)
  • MHT CET Chemistry by Arihant Publishers
  • Mathematics for MHT CET (MCQ) by Hemant G. Ainapure (Marvel Publication)
  • Pradnya’s Objective Mathematics by C. S. Patil
  • MHT-CET Engineering Entrance Exam (Editorial Compilation)
  • MHT-CET PCM Online Tests Series
  • Complete Reference Manual MH-CET Biology by Arihant Publishers
  • Complete Reference Manual MHT-CET Biology by R K Manglik

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Physics reference books to refer for MHT-CET?

Some of the Physics books that can be referred to are

  • MHT CET Physics (Marvel) by AJ Bapat
  • Concepts of Physics Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 by H.C.Verma


Leave a Comment

Your Mobile number and Email id will not be published.